• Letters sent to Shri Ajit Singh, Hon’ble Minister, Shri K. N. Shrivastava Secretary,The Ministry of Civil Aviation and Ms. Arti Ahuja, Commissioner cum secretary, WCD Department, GoO for intervention to enable the PWDs the ease of travel.
• Letter sent to Chief Minister for setting up of a department for Disability Affairs.
• Letter sent to the Chief Secretary, GoO for Universal Accessibility, Adopting Accessible Websites and Accessible ICT Procurement Policies.
• Letters sent to WCD Department to investigate the mysterious death of a 14 years old girl with visual impairment and the mysterious circumstances under which her body was disposed , to make provision of Special leave for the employees with disability who belong to Quadriplegic, Paraplegic & Hemiplegic category and for Inclusion of disability in school curriculum.
• Letters sent to Dept. of Culture and Tourism for creating Special Gallery for persons with disability; and accessibility features like large print information guide and audio-visual material; and ramps and lift in State Museum and Barrier Free Tourist Circuit.
• Letters sent to Department of Higher Education and WCD with a request for transfer of Mr. Prasan Kumar Mishra (Physics Demonstrator in Gunpur College) to address the health and educational needs of his daughter with disability.
• Letters sent to all political parties in Odisha for inclusion of disability in party manifesto, reservation of seats for persons with disability and creating an equal society.
• Letters sent to all the Collectors for ensuring accessibility in all polling booths and secure arrangements for independent voting by the visually impaired.
• Letter sent to Director General, Training Coordination, Gopabandhu Academy of Administration for inclusion of disability issues in training curriculum.
PWD ACT (1995)
The PWD Act has been translated into simple conversational oriya language and has been made pictorial thus even the illiterate people can understand the essence. Besides addresses of various Government and Non-Government organizations have been provided for people to easily access information.
Concessions and Facilities for Disabled People
This booklet contains detailed guidelines and application forms of facilities and concessions by the Government, Banking Institutions, Insurance Companies, National Funds Etc.
A Second volume on exclusively Orissa is to be released shortly.
The Blue File, a quarterly magazine compilation of newspaper clippings which is of immense use to individuals, disability related organizations, relevant government organizations, funding agencies and any other interested entities.
Distribution of Materials
Simplified PWD Act, Copies of booklet on Concessions and Facilities for Disabled People, Posters, Bookmarks and Advocacy handouts have been widely distributed all over Orissa to Government Functionaries, NGO's, People with disabilities, School and College Students.