Project Saksham has been initiated in slums of Bhubaneswar by Swabhiman and is supported by Aditya Birla Financial Services, Mumbai.
Round the year holistic support to children with disabilities living in Bhubaneswar slums to ensure that they complete their education (high school) while cultivating a hobby that would have a possibility of evolving into a professional activity; and learning a skill (Class VI onwards) that would lead to a possible livelihood mechanism. The support will extend to both school and beyond school.
Children with disabilities from Bhubaneswar (Urban poor Area).
Age group of 6 to 18 (School dropouts & MR children to 25 Years)
Urban Poor Areas of Bhubaneswar.
1. Matric or HSC Pass Certificate with all enrolled children with disabilities in project area by (Academic Development of the Child).
2. Mainstreaming for Social Inclusion.
3. Livelihood Foundation and Enhancement.
4. Children as Active Citizens.
5. Making Duty Bearers more Responsive and Accountable to children with disabilities.
Saksham-Qtr1- January - March